Every shed is different so I have rounded up some calculation you can use to figure how much materials are needed to build your shed. When looking at these calculations, I have also added in a 10% waste factor.
- Floor Joists 16" o.c: Length x 12 / 16 + 1 (Roundup) = ?
- This does not include the rim joists needed. But just add two rim joists according to sheds length.
- Floor Sheathing: Length x Width / 32 (Roundup) = ?
- Amount of Studs: Length + Length + Width + Width x 12 / 16 = ? x .1 + Last Answer = ?
- Amount of 4x8 Siding for 8' Wall: Length + Length + Width + Width / 4 = ?
- Top and Bottom Plates: You will need three 2x4's for each side according to each sides length.
Each truss is different, but this calculation will have 3 2x4's needed for a typical truss.
- Truss Calculation: Length x 12 / 16 + 3 x 2 = ?
- Roof 4x8 Sheet Calculation: Truss Width from fascia to peak x Length of Shed x 2 / 32 = ?
- Shingle Calculation: Truss Width from fascia to peak x Length of Shed x 2 / 30 = ? x .1 + Last Answer = ?
Well these are pretty typical calculations for the standard features needed on the shed, let me know if you have any questions concerning help with your shed building experience.
You may also visit my website at www.uppervalleybuilders.biz to get my easy to read shed plans that have a wide variety of shed sizes to choose from.